Monday, February 1, 2010

Football, Egyptians and Stones


I am not a fan of sports though.. but still would like to say few words about the kind of craze people have.. Well, if you ask me, in India when the cricket matches going on, people would like to do nothing other than just watching it in front of the television. Well, I do used to watch cricket and loved doing it, when I was in school before completing 10 years. When there was match fixing by Indian cricket team, I took an oath not to watch this game anymore, and felt that we were wasting our time infront of the idiot box, doing nothing other than wasting time. Dad was the one who had put this seed in my mind as he was really pissed off with old Indian team, and as usual I was impressed with ma dad's ideology.
 Well, I really stopped watching cricket forever. May be the last time I watched was when I was working in Dell in 2007, 20:20 match which was the final one b/n India and Pakistan. It was one of the good matches I watched, felt worth watching it though watched at the end the game. It was fun watching with all ma colleagues in our cafeteria filled with over 5000 employees with lovely music around for every balls they used to hit..


Dad and Cricket:

As dad hated watching cricket after match fixing, he did not like anyone playing this game at all in our family. Especially, my younger brothers Jossy and Roshan. The moment dad used to see their cricket bats at home, he used to straight away burn them in the fire with strong warnings not to get them again. There were days I had seen ma brothers getting beatings for playing cricket. When Jossy flunked in 8th std, dad used to say “ Its just because of cricket”

Even today ma dad  keeps saying to the modern parents “ cricket ruins kids future” , though we know its not really true. But we have to nod our head and say “ yes” in front of him as he does not like anyone doing something against him.


Me and Football Match:

I am proud to say, am not a fan of Foot ball, but still I do remember wearing Football T shirts from Nike when I was working in Dell at the time of Football world cup 2007. We had placed 2 screens around and 6 Televisions at work place so that all could watch the match while people working. I just cant imagine how well Dell used to take measures to satisfy their employees. We all had celebrated the world cup 2007 no matter who have won the match. I have no idea who won it, but yes, do remember wearing the T shirts six days continuously of which represented different nationalities with different colors.

 
Few days in Kuwait:


Well, recently about 2 to 3 months ago there were talks in my work place regarding the foot ball match. The only people who would talk there is just “ Egyptians”. We have a friend in our group who would always talk of Egyptian football team to pull mine and Tess’s legs and listen to our dialogues as he knows that we hate this topic to talk about. Well, there is a reason why me and Tess hate the Egyptian foot ball team. Well, about 2 months ago, when there was a match between Egyptian and Algerian team, Algerian team lost the game. At this point of time, Egyptian team hit the team members of Algerian team which became a big news in the media because of neusance activities of Egyptian team. Here in Kuwait, especially in my office, I could see most of the Egyptians for being so happy about the great deed of this team. It really made me to feel sick of this team.


Egyptians and Stones:


Sometimes it makes me to think what is the relationship between stones and Egyptians? I have heard many incidents over the news saying they have killed people by throwing stones. If you see in many incidents Egyptians love throwing stones on things.. After all they don’t have to pay money in picking the stones and throwing on things which are not theirs. Whose faher’s what goes mentality…


So let me continue with ma story of the Egyptians and Algerian Teams. Again on the next two days there was a match between Algerian and Egyptian teams. In this match Algerian made the way to win and they won the match. So Egyptians could not control their madness. Especially, the ones who are in Kuwait, who have to do nothing, other than spoiling the peace of other expatriates who are peacefully living here. They formed the mob and decided to throw the stones on Algerian embassy. As they were throwing the stones on Algerian embassy they found none coming out. So they could not think of what to do. They found Indian embassy which is next to Algerian embassy with full of people over there. Imagine, what these Egyptian jerks did? They started throwing stones on Indian embassy who did nothing to them. Could you imagine what a kind of nuts are these? Then I realized that these guys does not have brains instead onions. When you peel onions you get nothing at the end other than being blank. I think if the ratio of Egyptians were lesser here, Kuwait would have been really doing good in all possible sectors.


Whatever, now recently its about 2 days ago, when I was sleeping I could hear some wiered noise in my apartment. I was really terrified thinking what happened, and later realized that there was Foot ball match going on… so these nerds were screaming out of their life for winning.


Next day morning, I heard from Tess that there were police around her locality when these nerds were making noise around and disturbing civilians there. Police had to come and fire at the air in order to move them out of the place. When we were talking of this out of anxiety, our colleagues proudly said “this is Egyptian way of celebrating the happiness”.


I was so furious and felt like throwing ma anger on them by words that I had to take a sick leave on previous day because of their annoying noise around ma locality throughout night. But still shut my mouth thinking if I open ma mouth what’s the difference between me and them, and we Indians are always meant for patience and love. So, I just had nothing to say other than me and Tess smiling at each other “ NO WONDERS THESE ARE UNEDUCATED IDIOTS WHO HAVE ONLY ONIONS IN THEIR HEAD AND BORN TO SPOIL SURROUNDINGS AROUND”. My blood was really boiling out and had to close the doors of ma office in order to work peacefully without noise.










6 comments:

  1. Hey Jess, its good one. Interesting ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should open your eyes and read Sayed.. Something is wrong with your eye sight or with your grasping power.. Seems like Football is rolling in your head still... Read properly .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessa! it was very good blog... you should really start thinkin of writing gurl!!!
    i loved it...
    I agree with you that they not civilians... guess still they are still in ice age or stone age... Probably stone, since they have good connection....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope they will open their eyes and discontinue their bad habits for disturbing others... I pray to God to give them atleast 2% of brains to act normal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tess, thank you very much.. I will do that. Let me think of posting it to daijiworld.com. Yea guys, thanks for the support.. !!!

    ReplyDelete